Українська Русский English


If you want to visit the magnificent Carpathian region, feel the breath of the mountains, enjoy the wonderful mountain scenery, hear the melody gutsulskie, see unique works of folk artists, we invite you to visit Turkompleks "Legend of the Carpathians". 
Pearl Gutsulschiny name of CBS, Kosovo region, which is situated at an altitude of 600-700 m above sea level, at the foot of the Carpathians Pokutsko-Bukovinskoy riverside Toronto. This is the place where, according to historical documents, nearly 500 years, rightly considered the capital of Guts applied decorative arts.
Picturesque nature, pure mountain air, heal source excellent products of local craftsmen attract thousands of holidaymakers. If you prefer, you can visit the virgin corners of nature. Welcome to base "Legend of the Carpathians! This created excellent conditions for recreation adults and children.


Kosiv - land of unrestrained rock Cheremosha and famous of tourism picturesque village Kosmach. This land of talented people who survived thanks to its originality and artistic and aesthetic value.

Today Kosiv living things and create highly Honored Master of Folk Art of Ukraine Mykola Korneluk, Roman Strynadyuk Dmitry Shkriblyak, Dmitry Pozhoduk, Valentine Dzhuranyuk, Paraska Boruk, Oksana Beysyuk, Michael Trushyk Hope Verbivska and other artists who have deserve it title.

Pride Kosiv is People's Artist of Ukraine, composer and singer Ostap Gavrish, poets Bohdan Radysh Vasily Gostyuk John Boychuk, Dmitry Arsenych Nikolai Twin and other artists, painters, Anatoly purse, Vladimir Humeniuk, Vasyl Boychuk, Vasyl Dutka, Anton Grygoruk, schedule John Parypa.

The peculiarity of the land, its beauty of natural landscapes, rich flora and fauna, unique treasure of natural ecosystems, which are preserved rare surviving species of flora and fine and, as elsewhere in Ukraine, folk customs, traditional home to a culture attract many tourists all ages.

Kosiv region famous for its wealth of natural landscapes and various types of flora and fauna, clean mountain air and mild climate, organic food, mineral water springs, waterfalls, mountain rivers transparent. A colorful clothes Huzuls, customs and rituals that date back old times, unforgettable experience for those who ever visited Kosiv.


The largest local centers of historical and cultural city is Vizhnitsa, which is essentially a gateway to the national park Vizhnitsky. The town was first mentioned in chronicles for the Moldovan 1501. Located near the Carpathian Mountains, Vizhnitsa long developed as a trade settlement, closely linked to the mountain and plains regions of Bukovina, famous for good fair tradition.

At the end of XVIII century. From the beginning of the forest industry Vizhnitsa becomes an important item of trade in wood. By the rivers Prut and Cheremosh timber and firewood splavlyalysya to Chernivtsi, and then by Bojan - in Bessarabia and Podolia. Vizhnitsky district is located west of Chernivtsi region, in the foothills of the Carpathians.

The main tourist and health potential is Vizhnitsky District National Park, monuments of nature, which are within one-day trips: Cave Dovbusha rock massif "Protyate stones" Соколинный eye, waterfalls and mineral springs.

Vizhnichchina known literary tradition (embroidery, manufacture of carpets, wood processing, painting krashenok). Further development of the arts and promotes Vizhnitsky existing in the College of Applied Arts. The district can also find the archaeological, architectural and cultural objects.

Vizhnitsky district receives tourists all year round. Here is what to do as lovers of quiet relaxation and active rest lovers. In the warm season, organized hiking in the mountains, rafting down mountain rivers Cheremosh of Raft, Katamari, kayaks and other vessels can also do rock climbing as professionals and novices, accompanied by experienced instructors.

In the winter you can relax, Kato skiing, sleigh rides. Infrastructure winter recreation in the last two years developing rapidly. In addition to being on the verge Vizhnitskogo and Putila areas to pass Nemchich second season there are two ski lifts, plans to build more lifts in the village. Vyzhenka near the hotel "green hills".



Before 1774

Stay in Chernivtsi were already in the Neolithic, found in the suburbs of Tripoli village culture, the days of bronze and iron. In the vicinity of Chernivtsi Slavic monuments found early AD (II-V centuries). For the early era of white settlement there were Croats and Tivertses (IX-XI cent.). Defense in place Chernivtsi city founded in the second half of XII century. Galician prince Yaroslav Osmomysl on the left bank of the Prut (preserved ruins of the fortress, which lasted until the middle of the XIII century. when it was destroyed by Tatars), the new city was built on the high right bank of the Prut.

Since the mid XIV century. Chernivtsi, belonged to Moldova as a border city of Poland, through which the trade route from the city of Suceava. First mentioned in a document Voivod Alexander (Alexander the Good) (8.10.1408) in connection with the customs agreement that he signed with Lviv merchants. (According to the Ukrainian researchers, patent owner Alexander Moldovan well with the first written mention of Chernivtsi kept in the State Historical Museum of Russia, where she came from the city. Chernivtsi Regional State Archives has a copy of this historical document.)

In 1488 became the center of Chernigov Chernivtsi County. During the period they used a Moldovan self-government in Magdeburg Right and as a "free city" immediately subject to the palatine; Board of Chernigov was in the hands of "sholtysa and 12 mother. In XV-XVI centuries. Chernivtsi Trade Center were from the fair, which took place on the left bank of the Prut, but from the middle of XVI century. began to decline because of continued war, and 1538 were under Turkish auspices. The town was devastated by wars, Moldova and Poland (1497, 1509, 1688), Turks (1476 and 1714) and Tatars (1626, 1646, 1650, 1672). Cossacks (led by Bohdan Khmelnytsky) visit to Chernivtsi in 1650 and 1653 and after the defeat at Poltava in the winter 1709-1710 he was pursuing them, while Russian troops occupied the first Chernivtsi. The town was devastated by the Russians when they re-visited here for the Russian-Turkish war in 1739, thus it became a small settlement. In 1762 it was nearly 200 wooden homes with about 1200 inhabitants.


As the next Russo-Turkish war of 1768-1774 Chernigov were taken by Russian troops and passed under the authority of the Federal Austria (1774-1918 biennium). From the beginning of Austrian rule Bukovina Chernivtsi became the center - primarily military administration (1774-1786 biennium), then the civilian government: 1786-1849 biennium Bukovinskoy province that was part of Galicia, in 1849 the autonomous province of Bukovina. 1864 Chernovtsy city gained full self-government. Migrating from the Turkish-Balkan to the Western European sphere of influence has affected population growth. Already in 1779 in Chernivtsi was 3200 residents, a number that grew by doplyvu Germans (civil servants, teachers, traders), as well as Ukrainian and Polish in Galicia, Jews and Romanians from Bukovina and Ukrainian.

1781 Emperor Yosyf II issued a patent (decree) that all Parish and Monastery within the Austrian Bukovina were united in one diocese and bishop subordinate Dosyfeyevi (Dozoftiyevi) Hereskulu, bishop Radovetskomu. December 12, 1781 the episcopal chair was moved to Chernovtsy. In 1783 in Chernivtsi appeared artisan shops, from the end of XVIII century. began to develop industry. At the beginning of the XIX century. established gymnasium, built the church of St. Paraskevi (1814-1862 biennium) and Greek-Catholic (1825-1830 biennium). Since 1832 in Chernovtsy ukonstytuyuvavsya magistrate at the head of the mayor.

The revolutionary events of 1848 led to the autonomy of the land and the city and to exacerbate the political rivalry between the Ukrainian and Romanian nationality in Bukovina. In the middle of the XIX century. also came to the revival of economic development Chernivtsi (built brewery, steam mill, factory, furniture factory, established in 1850 Chamber of Commerce, 1877 - trading stock exchange).

January 23, 1873 came the imperial decree, under which was created by the independent [[Bukovina Catholic]] and metropolitan Eugene was given the title - Chernivtsi Archbishop, Metropolitan of Bukovina and Dalmatia.

Chernivtsi contributed to the development of the construction of railroads-Chernigov Kiev (1866), electric station built in 1895, 1897 enacted an electric tram, pp 1895-1912 - water supply and sanitation. Erected vyznachnishi new buildings: the Cathedral (1844-1864 biennium), metropolitan residence Bukovin (1862-1882 biennium), Armenian Church (1869-1875 biennium), the Jesuit church (1893-1894 biennium), the Jewish synagogue (1873 -1879 years), the City Theater (1904-1905), Hall. dvirets (1905-1908 biennium). Chernivtsi became European appearance (often called "little Vienna"), although this appearance was only the central part of town. In 1895 in Chernivtsi employed over 2500 workers, and since 1910 - in 2140 were artisans and traders in 1400.

In 1781 in Chernivtsi was only one folk school (Rumanian). The Austrian administration has opened a German school, and in 1869 was already 6 schools with 26 teachers. The first classical grammar school was founded in 1808, the real - in 1869, Teaching seminary men - in 1860, women - in 1872 in the second half of XIX century. established professional schools: agricultural, weaving, handicraft, in 1827 the highest theological. In 1875 Chernivtsi University was founded with 3 faculties. In Chernivtsi University studied as students from Galicia, Ukrainian scientists have worked: SI-Smal Stotsky, A. Kaluzhnyatskyy, E. Kozak, M. Korduba, Z. Kusel and others. In secondary schools teaching was in German, with 1851 as the subject entered the Ukrainian language education in school, later teaching at the seminary. From 1896 to the second German school founded by the Ukrainian division. At the end of Austrian domination in Chernivtsi were 4 people from the Ukrainian language school teaching. In Chernivtsi closely related activities Writers: Fedkovych, S. Vorobkevicha, O. Kobylyanskoy. Organized by the Ukrainian Chernivtsi social life begins with the establishment in 1869 of "The Conversation Ruska" political association "Ruska Council (1870), students of the Union (1875). These companies initially dominated moskvofilski trends, but in 1884 won "narodovtsi (E. Pihulyak, A. Popovic, S. Smal Stotsky, and others) have since begun the rapid development of the Ukrainian national movement. Since 1884 Ukrainian social and cultural life was concentrated in the Ukrainian People's House. Were active in society: Ukrainian School (since 1887), economic institutions "Ruska Casa" (1896) and "Peasant Casa" (1903), "Milan LOCKET (1880), Women's Community (1906 ), Soyuz sportovyy Sich (1904), Bursa them. A. Fedkovych (since 1896), music company Bukovinsky Boyan (1895) and philistine Choir (1901), Bukovinsky People's Theater (1897).

In 1914 Chernivtsi was an important center of Ukrainian publishing. It appeared monthly "Bukovina Zarya (1870-1871 biennium), blog" Bucovina "(1885-1917 biennium)," New Bukovina "(1917-1918 biennium); month PA" motto "(1902-1903 years ), the political newspaper "People's Voice," People's Right "," Citizen "," controversy "(1907-1914 biennium) and others worked publisher:" Baptist Church "(1874-1918 biennium), the Library for Youth , peasants and town dwellers "(1885-1996 and 1906-1914 biennium)," Kreytsarova Library (1909-1914 biennium); issued textbooks for national and secondary schools, dictionaries, lettres. Chernivtsi was pravos headquarters. ep. and since 1873 - Metropolitan.

Chernigov was also an important center of activity Romanians, Jews, Germans and Poles. From the German cultural figures writer K. Frantsos popularized works of Shevchenko and historian and ethnographer Robert Kayndl researched the history and ethnography of Bukovina.

During World War Chernigov in Russian three times back in power (30.08.1914-21.10.1914; 26.11.1914-18.2.1915; 18.06.1916-02.08.1917 years). Russian authorities persecuted Ukrainian nationalists, relief has come just in the March Revolution in 1917, when the governor of Bukovina was O. Lototsky. By creating a regional committee Ukraynskoho Bukovina (25.10.1918 town) was very popular in Chernivtsi Veche (03.11.1918 town), which agreed to the accession of Ukraine 06.11.1918, Ukrainians took power in Chernivtsi (city mayor appointed O. Bezpalka), but the 11/11/1918, the Romanian troops occupied Chernovtsy, and 28/11/1918, the Romanian General Congress of Bukovina Bukovina and proclaimed the accession of Romania to Chernivtsi.


For the Romanian authorities have remained the administrative center of Chernivtsi Bukovina. Despite the Romanian persecution, they still remained the center of Ukrainian life in Bukovina. In addition to these new companies founded - Bukovinsky Kobzar "," Ukrainian Muzheskyy Choir "," Ukrainian theater. " There appeared sports "Dovbush" and "Mazeppa" - and a few others. There is in Chernivtsi and Ukrainian branch of the National Party. Publishing activity decreased. Came out the weekly fight "," Native land "," Board "and" independence "and blog" Time "magazines" Ray "and" independent thought ". Felt the lack of Ukrainian-book editions.

At the end of Romanian domination Chernivtsi became a powerful economic center. In 1936 is working 155 large and 61 small firm.


In June 1940 the whole city and northern Bukovina were annexed to the Soviet Union and Romania joined the Soviet Ukraine. Chernivtsi were huge changes in the national composition of population: in 1940 the Germans moved to Germany, some Romanians moved to Romania. When Germany attacked the USSR, July 6, 1941 the Romanian and German troops occupied the city. Germans by the Romanian police were killed or deported to Transnistria, most of the Jewish population. Synagogue was destroyed, bridges over the Prut and others. Completely destroyed Ukrainian and Jewish social and cultural life, many activists were arrested. However, thanks to the mayor of Chernivtsi T. Popovic from deportation and destruction were rescued about 20 thousand Jews Chernivtsi.

After 1944

After Soviet troops vidvoyuvanya Chernivtsi (29.3.1944) Chernivtsi became the regional center. The region also areas of Bukovina (Vizhnitsky, Storozhynetskyi, Zastavnenskyy, Kitsman, Glyboksky areas of Khotyn area) and includes the territory that previously belonged to Bessarabia (part Khotyn District Novoselytskyi, Kelmenetsky and Sokyryanskyy areas). Also included Hertz, which previously has always been exclusively Romanian. Since the city dropped the Poles, while naplyvaly Ukrainian, Russians and Jews. Since 1957 began development of Chernivtsi along the main road: street Hotinskaya-station (Gagarin), Lenin-Red Army-Storozhynska. In 1965 in Chernivtsi connected town Sadhora (Sadahuru) on the left bank of the Prut.


Archaeologists have found traces on the outskirts of the host tribes carrier Tripoli culture aged about 6 thousand years.

The first mention of Coloma is located in the Galicia-Volyn chronicle in the year 1241: can not otdaty Y Shem is as velytsiy princes holding Siju Coloma on rozdavanie oruzhnykam, though, according to the researchers, there is every reason to believe the age of much more.

Coloma began as a fortress that guarded Poprutsku defensive line. According to archaeologists, there is a fortress in the middle of the XII century, when Galician borders of the state reached the Lower Danube, and operated major land trade route - Berladska road that led from the Galic of Wallachia and Danube. Then, on the banks of the Prut were 4 fortresses: in Coloma, Oleshko, Snyatyn and Chernivtsi.

Archaeologists have concluded that almost all of the ancient city ceased to exist in the middle of XIII century. during the Mongol-Tatar invasion. Suppose that a fortress and Kolomyia could be burned in 1259, when the Mongol-Tatar Burundai governor demanded that Daniel Galician destroy all of its fortifications.

Later, fortified center of Coloma was near the present town hall. This place in historical sources was called Old Court: documents in 1411, 1448 and 1517 say about him as a defensive castle.

1405 Coloma received Magdeburg Law.

While the city stood on the border of Poland, Hungary, and Wallachia. In 1411 Coloma all Pokuttya was sold for 25 years Moldovan host Alexander on condition that the last act on the side against Poland and Hungary. On the same grounds later Kolomiysky castle several times gave Moldovan governor of maintenance.

In 1490 the castle Kolomiysky not stand before 10-thousand army rebel leader John Mucha.

In 1498 the Turks destroyed the city and Volokh, heading west. Now, they almost annually plundered Pokuttya. In 1502 and 1505 Coloma was burned, and burned it in 1513, 1520, 1531 and 1594, and in 1589 the city was utterly destroyed, the population - cut out or taken in yasyr.

In 1612 the Tatars and the Volokh Pokuttya attacked three times in 1618 - 4 times in 1621 and 1624 - two times. Polish chronicle for 1621 shows: "City Tatars burned and with his chosen people, and for 1624 is the record that the Tatar city" of soil brought. During another attack in 1626 in r.v nobody and nothing has been resisting the enemy.

Only after building a new castle defense Coloma could defend against Tatar attacks.

In 1648 when rebel groups were family Visochana Prykarpattya, behind the walls of the castle Kolomiyskogo sought asylum Polish gentry from nearby towns.

In the second half of XVII century in the rural county Kolomiyskogo Opryshkivska increased traffic. City not once became a witness and the court publicly killings opryshky.

In 1772, after the first partition of Poland, Coloma went under Habsburg rule. This event has affected the life of the city: from left Coloma village taxes from which it has used its own needs. According to the new administrative division in 1781 the city was included in the district of Stanislavsky and partially lost its function of county center.

On the outskirts of the city became German colonies occur. During the XIX century. government building in Coloma 6 military barracks and warehouses dust 3. The city concentrates a large number of troops, created to 70 criminal groups to fight opryshky.

In 1880 in Coloma, was arrested John Franco, he spent about three months in jail Kolomiysky.

In 1811 was created Kolomyja district boundaries and a former county practically identical. In 1886, Coloma commuter villages linking steam freight tram.

September 15, 1914 in Coloma joined the Russian forces. While the king's troops destroyed the monument to Shevchenko, prohibited publication of the Ukrainian press and the books closed Ukrainian bookstores and libraries, suspended society "highly active" and learning the Ukrainian language in schools has suffered oppression and Greek-Catholic Church.

November 1, 1918 declared the Western Ukrainian People's Republic: the night of November 1, Ukrainian military committee took power in Coloma. December 15, 1918 Town solemnly carried to the Polish front 3-Kolomiysky fraternity. Hundreds kolomyyan volunteers went to UGA. May 15, 1919 over 100 thousandth Polish Army broke through the Ukrainian Front, and May 24 Coloma took the Romanian army. The city established the Polish government.

During World War II, a third of the city were burned, the Jewish population was destroyed. March 28, 1944 Soviet troops reoccupied Coloma. Began rebuilding the city, but next to a large part of local intellectuals were arrested and deported to Siberia, suffered Catholic priests, was destroyed and rebuilt several temples.

Kosmach and Oleksa Dovbush


Michael Didyshyn the threshold established by him in the 1970's, the museum Oleksy Dovbusha

The village lost a legendary leader Robin Oleksa Dovbush: it put him a monument, and Michael Didyshyn on your yard built museum Dovbusha. Case Dovbusha, who organized a band of Robin Kosmatsky Huzuls generously sacrificed to build, and he participated in the construction of the church of St. Kosmachi Paraskeviyi - continued native Kosmach Theodore Boychuk. In Kosmachi subsequently undergone considerable ordeal believers Greek Catholics: it was burned Church of Saint Paraskeviyi.

Kosmach under Soviet rule

In 1939 Kosmach as all Galicia, captured the Red Army, Stalin's repressions affected the fate of hundreds kosmachan. In Kosmachi in World War II firmly entrenched forces of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. In the winter of 1944-1945 years was Kosmachi located nineteen hundred UPA. In 1944 Kosmatsky was proclaimed an independent republic.

Post-war times


After the war, hundreds kosmachan appeared on emigration to Canada, USA, Brazil, Venezuela, Great Britain, Germany, France, Australia and in concentration camps in Russia and Kazakhstan. In terms of concentration camps vidbuvaly residents Kosmach: Peter Paliychuk family, Vasily Pozhodzhuk, George Lyndyuk, Paraska Bob'yak Peter Vartsab'yuk, Oleksa Kostyuk, Helen and John Mahnachuky Maria Vartsab'yuk, a teacher from Zavoyeliv Anna Nykorovych, Paraska Vahelyuk, John Karpiuk family-dozens and dozens of others. There have been arrested and taken to slavery historian Valentyn Moroz, and then Kosmatsky priest Basil Romaniuk. Father Vasyl Romaniuk - after release from prison - was ordained in Kosmach the Prince of Uzhgorod and Hustskogo. And soon Romaniuk was elected bishop Patriarch of Kiev and all Rus-Ukraine.

People associated with Kosmach


House in the village. Kosmach

History Kosmach closely connected with the biography Novakivskogo Olexa, Michael Frost, Gregory Smolskaya, Sviatoslav Gordinskogo, Edward Kozak, Stephen Lutsik, Olga Rem, Anton Moroz, Myron Levitsky, Filaret Kolesy, Irene Wilde and others.

In 1990, when Ukraine experienced rising movement for reconstruction and hutsuly Kosmach were in human chain on the road "Zhytomyr-Kyiv" the Day of Unification of all Ukrainian lands. This choir Kosmatsky churches Peter and Paul sang Liturgy in the Cathedral of Vladimir in Kiev. When the tragedy happened in Chernobyl, Kosmatsky folk music and dance concerts went there for the liquidators of the Chernobyl catastrophe. Numerous delegations kosmachan participated in the first nationwide congress pysankariv (1992), representing art Kosmach many ethnographic fairs, festivals and exhibitions of arts and crafts. Kosmach known worldwide for its Easter eggs, embroidery, folk nosheyu, customs and rituals of the masters of musical instruments ... Today Kosmachi is several hundred masters of arts and crafts.

  © 2010 Легенда Карпат. 
Made by: mr. Cot